It doesn’t matter how much we diet. Most of us have stubborn fat areas that don’t respond to traditional weight loss methods. And it is particularly true as we age, but women often face a double-standard because they are expected to be thin and shapely at the same time. Liposuction can provide a solution for many people.
When it comes to cosmetic surgeries, Liposuction is popular. Its popularity stems from the fact that it does not require any incisions, and recovery time is a lot less than other cosmetic surgeries.
Moreover, relatively few people have nasty fat deposits in locations where Liposuction can be performed. If Liposuction is something you would consider, or if you know someone who wants to, then read on for everything you need to know about it.
What is Liposuction?
Also known as lipectomy, Liposuction is a surgical procedure that slims and reshapes specific areas of your body. It is done by removing excess fat deposits, improving your body contour and proportion, and ultimately enhancing your self-image.
Benefits of Liposuction
- Liposuction is a safe removal of fats that reside on your body. Fat cells can be troublesome and can be challenging to get rid of through diet and exercise.
- Moreover, Liposuction will help improve your overall health and confidence level. Since it helps remove fats from different parts of your body, you will have a better figure and look much younger.
- You can lose weight faster and get the body you always wanted with liposuction surgery. This cosmetic procedure is designed for people who want to lose weight quickly and safely.
- Liposuction does not require any post-procedure recovery time, meaning that you will be able to resume your regular daily routine immediately after surgery.
- Liposuction surgical procedure offers permanent results. A surgeon will target the fat cells and remove them permanently from your body. This means that you won’t gain more weight in those areas where you have undergone the procedure.
- Liposuction, also referred to as lipoplasty, can improve your appearance and self-confidence. Excess fat is removed from specific body parts using the suction technique.
- Liposuction can lessen the appearance of ugly bulges. It can be performed alone or in conjunction with other plastic surgery procedures, such as a facelift, breast reduction, or a tummy tuck.
- It can sculpt your body. Even the most dedicated dieters and fitness enthusiasts have trouble with those last few pounds – especially in areas like the hips, thighs, and buttocks. Liposuction can help you achieve a more balanced look by removing stubborn pockets of fat that don’t respond to diet or exercise.
- Improved overall health — Liposuction isn’t a substitute for weight loss or exercise. It’s intended to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. But maintaining a healthy lifestyle following treatment will help you retain your new shape.
- Improved contours — Liposuction can remove localized deposits of fat that don’t respond to diet or exercise. It might be particularly helpful for eliminating excess fat in the abdominal area.
What you need to know about Liposuction
How liposuction works;-The fat is removed using a hollow tube, called a cannula, attached to a vacuum. There are four main types of Liposuction: dry, wet, super-wet, and tumescent. The type used depends on the amount of fat being removed and the area being treated.
A Liposuction procedure removes fat from various parts of the body. The most popular liposuction procedures include thighs, arms, buttocks, hips, and waist, breasts (reduction), upper back, inner knee, calves or ankles, chest area (for women).
The procedure is suitable for both men and women. It is carried out under general or local anesthesia, depending on the amount of fat removed.
Liposuction requires very little recovery time, especially if it is performed under local anesthesia (versus general anesthesia). Some patients experience mild pain, bruising, and swelling for about a week after their liposuction procedure, but this will diminish over time. Patients can often return to work within a few days if needed.
Liposuction produces permanent results. While there are always some exceptions to this rule, most patients enjoy long-lasting results following their liposuction procedure. You must maintain a healthy weight after your liposuction procedure in order to enjoy your new shape.
Liposuction is not meant as an alternative to exercise and dieting, it’s intended to enhance your figure.
The most suitable persons for this surgical procedure are healthy individuals with realistic expectations who are seeking to improve their appearance and eliminate stubborn fat deposits that do not respond to diet or exercise.
It is important to remember that Liposuction does not remove cellulite — the dimpled skin that typically appears on the thighs, hips, and buttocks.
Liposuction is safe and effective when performed correctly by an experienced surgeon. The doctors will work with you to determine if it is right for you and what your goals are with this type of procedure.
The procedure can treat large volume areas of fat in one sitting. Liposuction is a frequently requested surgical procedure because it can dramatically reshape the body and improve a person’s figure.
The results of Liposuction are long-lasting if you maintain your weight with proper diet and exercise. Weight gain will distort your new shape by increasing the size of fat cells that remain in your treated area.
A cosmetic surgeon can perform Liposuction alone or other plastic surgery procedures such as a facelift, breast reduction, or tummy tuck. Liposuction is not to be used in place of diet and exercise.
A liposuction procedure may be right for you if you are at or near a stable weight but have fat deposits in specific areas that make you feel self-conscious or unhappy with your overall appearance.
The truth is, Liposuction is an excellent option for those looking for a safe, non-invasive procedure. Liposuction can give you an appearance of controlled fit and tone, not to mention smoother and happier skin. But it’s also important to remember that serious weight loss almost always involves diet and exercise as well. So if you’re considering Liposuction, be sure to explore how the procedure fits into your overall weight loss plan.
For more information please contact Daniels Group today!